These cookies are necessary for the basic functions of the shop.
"Allow all cookies" cookie
"Decline all cookies" cookie
These cookies are used to make the shopping experience even more appealing, for example for the recognition of the visitor.
Statistics & Tracking
Track device being used
Delivery time: 3 days **
More product variants
Joe Bonamassa's 1958 Flying V was special even before being purchased by the famous bluesman as... more
Seymour Duncan Joe Bonamassa Amos Pickup Set - Black
Joe Bonamassa's 1958 Flying V was special even before being purchased by the famous bluesman as one of just 98 Flying V's produced by Gibson in the fifties, it has been featured in numerous books and magazines, and even had a cameo in the infamous mockumentary "This is Spinal Tap". Remarkably, tracing the serial number led back to the original dealer where it was sold with a photo of storeowner Amos Arthur holding the guitar in his shop as proof. So of course Seymour Duncan were thrilled to work with Joe again to reproduce the unique original pickups from this incredible piece of guitar history. The sound of the Amos Flying V is uniquely robust compared to other PAF loaded guitars. Careful examination of the original pickups revealed something unique unusually strong magnetism, which could only be replicated by using Alnico 6 magnets. Although Alnico 6 might seem like an odd choice for a PAF replica, the result is surprisingly warm, clear and powerful and matches the tone of the originals.
- Joe Bonamassa Amos Pickup Set
- exact replica of the pickups in Joe Bonamassas 1958 Amos Gibson Flying V
- Vintage output
- Alnico 6 magnets
- 7.5 kOhm DC Resistance on neck pickup and 8.3 kOhm on bridge pickup
- single conductor lead wire
- not wax potted
- period-correct butyrate bobbins
- maple spacers
- also available in zebra or with aged gold or nickel covers
- hand signed by Seymour W. Duncan and Joe Bonamassa
- Made in USA
- Note: The return and refund policy does not apply to pickups, if their cables have been cut or soldered, or other damage affecting the condition of the goods is present.