These cookies are necessary for the basic functions of the shop.
"Allow all cookies" cookie
"Decline all cookies" cookie
These cookies are used to make the shopping experience even more appealing, for example for the recognition of the visitor.
Statistics & Tracking
Track device being used
Delivery time: 3 days **
More product variants
We started with 2 of our hugely popular 9J passive hum-cancelling Jazz bass pickups and installed... more
Bartolini 5-String 2J Squared BC Soapbar (BC52J-B), Neck, Black
We started with 2 of our hugely popular 9J passive hum-cancelling Jazz bass pickups and installed them in a soapbar shell. With soapbar mounting in a nice squared shape instead of mounting ears, we created the 2J Squared Quad coil pickup. We made the J pickups work together as a dual humbucker or as a J-bass when coil-split. When wired as a series humbucker, they are big and growly with high output. When wired as a parallel humbucker, they are fat and round but with focus - like when you have both volumes on full on a J-Bass. When wired to coil cut, they are precise and clear. And they are hum-free in all setups which can be easily chosen when you install a toggle switch. They can be used without a switch, but you get a lot more flexibility if you have one. Because 2J Squared are have blades instead of poles, they work with a range of string spacings. They are internally shielded and are wired with shielded cables. These pro-level pickups are fully hum-killing even on the noisiest stage or studio. They are sweat-proof and won't make horrible noises when you hit them with the strings. We make them special for neck and bridge positions so they balance well when blended together or played separately.
- 2J Squared BC Soapbar pickup for electric bass
- 5-string version
- incredible flexibility due to quad-coil design
- most popular soapbar shape
- neck position
- quad-coil, dual inline hum-killing
- magnetic circuit: carbon steel, brass, copper, ceramic blade magnets (ferrite), opposite polarity of coils on bass and treble positions
- DC resistance 6.4 kOhm each inline coil pair
- resonant frequency 6.3 kHz
- 60 - 71 mm / 2.36"2.8" sensing width
- 4-conductor shielded cable with bare drain wire
- black cover
- dimensions (L x W x H) 100.3 x 32.0 x 23.1 mm / 3.95" x 1.26" x 0.91" (height incl. cable)
- Note: The return and refund policy does not apply to pickups, if their cables have been cut or soldered, or other damage affecting the condition of the goods is present.