Delivery time: 3 days **
- -Bass combo
- -40 Watt Power Amp
- -10" Warwick Custom Speaker
- -2" High frequency horn
- -Bassreflex Housing
- -Rugged metal grill
- -Class A Low Noise Preamp
- -3 Way EQ with controls for bass, mid and treble
- -DDL (Dynamic Distortion Limiter) for distortion-free reproduction at high levels
- -Cooling by air circulation in the bass reflex cabinet. No fan noise
- -2 Inputs for active or passive Basses<
- -The two instrument inputs are suitable for 2 instruments at the same time
- -Aux Stereo-Input, Mini jack for connecting MP3 player, CD player etc.
- -Integrated headphone amplifier. Aux in stereo signals over headphones in stereo
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 14.17” x 17.32” x 14.56” / 360 x 440 x 370 mm
- Weight: 16 kg / 35.27 lbs.
- 4 Years W-Music Distribution Warranty (product registration required)
Great sounding and very affordable bass amplifier
In the sea of class-D bass amplifiers from popular brands which have extremely high rated output power (300W+) but require active cooling using fans, Warwick BC series of bass amplifiers stand out as the last bastion of traditional class-A preamplifiers and class-AB amplifiers -- the kind of amplifiers usually reserved for Hi-Fi audio equipment which produces neutral tone free of noise, hum, and harmonic distortions.
Build quality is very good, the cabinet itself does not seem to exhibit any resonance and the speakers used respond very well over a wide range of bass notes from the lowest B on my Ibanez SRX 355 all the way up to the high end of the scale producing clean and pleasant tone even with all tone controls set to 0.
The only thing I dislike is the blue LED power indicator, it is extremely bright -- almost blindingly so from up close. It might look cool in a nightclub, but if you are sitting say one meter in front of the amp it makes it impossible to look at it without discomfort. Given how blue light is harmful for eyesight it would be nice if Warwick considers making new amplifiers with green or red LEDs, or at least with an option to dim the blue LEDs in the future.